Blog post #1

 Hi! My name is Jordyn and I am currently a junior here at FSU. I transferred from UCF so this is my first year here but i'm very happy to be here. My major is Public Health with a minor in Education but I am not sure what I want to do yet. My whole life I have wanted to be an elementary school teacher but recently I have been thinking about pharmaceutical sales. I have always been around kids such as babysitting, working in the kids zone, and being a summer camp counselor the past two years so I am keeping teaching as a back up plan. 

I have always used technology for my education since elementary school. We had testing online such as the FCAT and majority of the review sites were online as well. For science class we used tv's to watch videos such as Bill Nye to help us understand what we were learning better. Once I got up to middle and high school I started having to take computer classes learning about all the programs. I think that incorporating technology with learning has helped make education be more exciting and useful for the future.

I am always using resources from my personal learning networks. Majority of them are online but before school's went virtual I would meet with my professors in person for extra help. For school I am constantly using Google and Youtube to help me understand topics better and see examples right in front of me. For work over summer I was always using Pinterest to look up activities and crafts for the kids. Two more networks that I use are Facebook and Twitter to stay updated with what's happening at FSU and in Tallahassee. I am not a big news watcher so having these sites to help keep me updated with what is going on in the world is very useful.

Comments

  1. It's wonderful that you use so many online tools for learning purposes. You use Facebook and Twitter to learn about what's going on at FSU and in Tallahassee. Do you get the information from people/accounts you are connected to? Or do you belong to specific groups (Facebook) or follow hashtags (Twitter)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just brought back memories of those websites for the FCAT. My mom would make me do them every weekend. My dad use to work in medical sales. He enjoyed making friends with doctors and getting to travel. He sold heart valves. I am not a big news watcher either I find it to be depressing so I also use Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This summer I also worked as a summer camp counselor and loved it! It definitely made me think about becoming an elementary school teacher after college, or at least a backup plan like you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment