Blog post #4

 The grade level I chose to look into the ELA technology standards for is 3rd grade. I chose this because if I am going to become a teacher I would want to teach this age. The first standard on this list talks about being able to use search tools to find relevant information. I feel like I would be prepared to teach this because I am constantly doing it myself. I would show them how to use key words and hyperlinks to find what they are looking for. I could even show them how to use find books online that they could use for their activities.

After visiting the CPALMS website I realized what an awesome tool it is to have saved. This website provides you with so many resources for all grades. For example I chose 3rd grade math and found a ton of lesson plans I could use in the future. My favorite one I found was called protect the turtles and it teaches students how to solve two-step word problems. It provides videos with explanations and examples to help them understand and then gives them practice questions to solve. I would use this because it is a fun way to learn and will keep students engaged.

It is so important in my opinion for teacher's to be able to search on the internet well. You will need to find resources and ways to help teach your students and the internet is full of that, there is hundreds of videos, lesson plans and worksheets that you can find. As well it is important to know for yourself, if you need help understanding a topic you can look up a website that helps explain it to you. The skill I think I will be using most is google searching. You can find anything you want to know so easily by just using keywords or questions.

Comments