Blog post #9

 Having to change to distance learning this semester was a little challenging. I am not a huge fan of it because I feel like you don't really learn at all. Most students are just getting the work done without actually digesting the information. One thing I do like about it is how lazy you can be. I can do class right from my bed still in my pajamas. As a teacher I would try to make more interactive activities to help make the experience better. When students have to do group work or participate in a website program together it helps make them focus and learn more. 

Open educational resources (OER) are resources that are available to everyone. When they are made public it allows anyone to use them, make changes or edits, and share copies of it.  This is a big tool for educators because it helps share and gain educational resources that can be used in there classrooms. On the website https://www.oercommons.org/ they provide many resources to use. The one I chose is a math lesson on the 100th day of school for lower level elementary students. This lesson can be changed in any way you want to but it gives you a great place to start.

https://www.oercommons.org/courseware/lesson/73381

I have not used powerpoint too much in my life so I was able to learn a lot from these two assignments. I learned how to add sound to transitions. link slides to make quizzes and jeopardy games, and even how to navigate through a presentation without keyboard keys. I did not know how to do any of this before but I enjoyed learning about them because you never know when you will have to make a presentation in your future career. One thing I did not like about this assignment was the slide master we had to include. That was very challenging for me to figure out. I can improve my slides more next time by decorating them more.



Comments