Blog post #8

 After working on our web design assignment I realized how easy it actually is to create your own website. I always thought it would be a challenging process with many different steps but weebly made it so accessible. I learned how to add different tabs, add images, and even connect a calendar to it. I would say being able to make the calendar and connect it to my website was the most challenging part. I didn't know how to make it public but I was able to figure it out eventually. I will definitely use these skills that I learned in my future to maybe create my own website. In pharmaceutical sales it would be a good way to advertise and talk about everything that my clients will need to know. 

http://lynch1st.weebly.com/

Diigo was a very confusing site to me when I first started using it. I understood how to link websites but figuring out how to annotate and highlight took me a couple tries. After understanding it more I was able to see what a great tool it is to have in the classroom. It provides an easy way for students to share articles and websites that they found. Being able to add comments helps students see what the article is mainly about and chose wether or not they want to look into it. I would most definitely use this in an english class if I was a teacher to make work more interesting.

Staying updated and incorporating technology into education is very important in todays world. We have so many advancements that help make teaching more interactive and quicker. In the readings we had this week it talked about how teachers have gone from making copies of handouts and books to only using whiteboards and projectors. We are becoming more environmental friendly and being able to use time more wisely. Since kids are now being born right into the technology period is as well important for them to learn and use it before there future careers. A website that you can use to stay updated on new technology advancements for 2020 is: https://www.opencolleges.edu.au/informed/edtech-integration/trends-educational-technology-2020/

Comments