Blog post #3

 Dealing with copyright and fair use as a teacher I feel like can be quite difficult. Copyright is when you create or write something, you get it protected so no one can copy it . Fair use means that you can copy materials if it is for a nonprofit educational reason, but it does depend on how much you are going to use of it. As a teacher I would double check everything that I am using to make sure it is legal. It is hard to come up with all your own work so making sure you use textbooks, and videos in a legal way is very important. For my student's I would reiterate the fact of how important it is to do your own work. There are severe consequences in school's if you get caught copying someone else's work that they put their time into.

Although there are so many benefits from the technology we have created there are as well some cons to it. One big thing that is talked about a lot is cyberbullying. Now that school is online, discussion posts are being made and chat rooms are open it is very important teachers keep an eye on what kids are saying. Constantly checking the conversations and even blocking certain words from being posted could prevent this from happening. Replying to comments in a hateful way or being rude if someone's answer is not right is not allowed and can really hurt people's feelings. Another issue that I notice is academic dishonesty, this is as well huge issue because of how much work is done online. Many students take this as an advantage to cheat and copy other people's work. To stop this teacher's should have honor lock on for tests and as well download softwares that will tell them if any sentences from someone's work look similar to another students.

I learned a ton of new skills from creating my newsletter on word. Like I said in another post I have constantly been using it throughout my school life but I never used some of the design features such as columns. I had no clue how to do these at first but it was not hard at all. I also learned how to create a permission slip form which I have never done before. I enjoyed making a banner for the top to make my letter look nicer and adding some graphics to it. To make my newsletter better in the future I can use more color to brighten it up and maybe even add a border to the outside of it. I can use these skills in my future career by creating advertisements for new medications if I go into pharmaceutical sales. 



Comments